Pages

Monday, June 27, 2016

Diet Challenge | Week One Results

The results are in from the first week of the 50 pounds by Christmas challenge and... I lost 7.5 lbs!!  I am so thrilled to have such a great kick-off week loss.  Yes, I know that the majority of that is water weight and that I will not have losses like this moving forward, but to start off the challenge with such impressive results has really upped my motivation and made me ready to tackle week two!

WINS for the Week:

  1. Planning - Not only did I have a menu and follow it, but I prepped all of my food and snacks for the work week.  Honestly, the mornings are very hard for me so having my fruit cut, my veggies back and my cereal portioned really made a huge difference.
  2. Goals - Setting attainable goal on my Fitbit helped me get those steps in every day.  Whether it was walking outside or on-the-spot inside, I was moving as much as possible.  I also really like the 250 steps every hour goal so that it made me get up and move while I was at work.  Desk jobs can be challenging!
  3. Accountability - I started an Instagram account for tracking my fitness and diet progress because I didn't want to bombard my nail polish account with Fitbit pictures and motivational quotes.  Posting my results each day has kept me accountable to anyone who is now following me.
Week two is all prepped and ready to go!

CHALLENGES for the Week:
  1. Schedule - We have an insanely busy schedule which generally ends up in at least one, if not all, of us out of the house during the dinner hour.  However, planning a menu and knowing ahead of time that there is a commitment that evening, I was able to get in my steps when I needed to and plan for my dinners accordingly.
  2. Weather - I don't do extreme weather of any kind and this past weekend was HOT!  Not only was it hot and humid, but we were on the ball field for a good majority of it so I was not looking forward to getting my steps in BUT, I got the suntan lotion out, walked earlier in the morning and then did a lot of it while grocery shopping in the air conditioned store.  
All in, I think my week was an enormous success and I couldn't really ask for more.  Moving into week two, I have increased my daily step goal by 1,000 so we are now at 8,500 per day... not too hard and I actually hit that most days last week anyways!

So, here we go.. onwards and upwards!  Only 42.5 lbs to go before Christmas!


5 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so happy you had a great week! Hang in there, eating healthy really does pay off! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am feeling so motivated and can't wait to get more steps in!!

      Delete
  2. great idea of having an hourly goal! i need to do that! but once the treadmill arrives, i will be able to get all my steps done in a couple of hours... BUT i still need to get up and walk around every hour at least! i will have to save some steps for that so i don't overdo it and burn myself out! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited for you to get your treadmill... can't wait to hear about all the steps you start racking up!! xx

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete