Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Spotlight | Christine Kobzeff (PinkSoFoxy)

How do I help myself get through a no-buy or how am I okay with letting go of my 'stuff'?  Well, to be honest, I watch a lot of Christine Kobzeff's (formerly PinkSoFoxy) declutter series videos... on repeat.


I started watching Christine about 5 years ago when I first got into YouTube and at the time, she was an avid collector of makeup, nail polish and all sorts of bits and pieces.  Since that time, she has completely done a 180 turnaround and is now working her way towards becoming a minimalist.  No, I don't feel that is my exact path but her declutter series has given me life.

Just a couple of weeks ago, she posted a couple of videos that she titled her 'Minimalist Series' where she went through her nail polish collection and when she was done, she had FOUR polishes left... FOUR!  I was blown away by how happy she was with so little and to be 100% honest, that video is what gave me the courage to sit down and declutter my polish collection.  Okay, so I still have 300 polishes but I was able to destash over 500 and, to me, that is an amazing first step.  Hey... Rome wasn't built in a day.

By constantly staying on top of her collection, Christine has been able to keep her collection from growing and taking over her life.  It is something that I am working towards.  When I feel like I need a refresher, I am so happy to know that I can pop up her series and watch a couple of videos and by the end, the need to buy ALL THE THINGS is gone and I actually want to get rid of things.... clean up the clutter in my life.

So, thank you Christine... you have been an inspiration to so many and just watching you go from needing all the things to barely needing anything has been so amazing.  I look forward to following along on more of your journey!

Empties Update... 

Picture Source
Make Up For Ever Sens'Eyes Waterproof Sensitive Eye Cleanser

Pros:
Removes stubborn mascara
Cream cleanser makes it easier to control amount used
Easily available at Sephora (in store and online)

Cons:
Cost ($13 Cdn for 1 oz at Sephora/$30 Cdn for 3.38 oz)
Not Cruelty Free
Slight sting

Overall:
This is my first experience with a cream cleanser for the eyes and I actually found it very soothing.  While there was a slight sting on the initial use, I have since learned that you need to really ensure your eyes are fully closed and then it doesn't seem to cause any issues.  Even though the cost is higher than I would like for an eye makeup remover, the cream formula makes it much easier to control than a liquid so it actually felt like it lasted longer than my normal removers.  Although there may be some left in the container so that wasn't ideal.  However, my biggest issue with this product is that it isn't CF so I wouldn't purchase it again.  If that isn't a factor for you, I think you may enjoy it.

Phew... guilt gone ;)

1 comment:

  1. Haha...just watched that video last week and was STUNNED that she ended up with four. I need many colors..four just won't do it for me. But I did decide that I didn't need quite so many polishes as I have now. I have a small pile to give away, and another few to be mailed to the Zoya folks (they are old and unusable). And I didn't even take advantage of Zoya's current promotion **pats self on back**
    ~Katie

    ReplyDelete