Pages

Friday, June 17, 2016

We Have Baby Raccoons

It will come as no surprise to anyone who has followed me for any length of time, but I love animals... all sorts of furry creatures.  We have two cats and a dog currently and I think if we lived in a larger house, I would have a very hard time turning away more cats.  Yes, I am a die-hard cat lover.  I stalk Pinterest obsessively for cute cat pictures, funny cat pictures, cat memes and well, all things cat.  My spirit animal is Grumpy Cat!

Yesterday, the tree trimmers at work came into the office to tell us that there were baby raccoons in one of the trees they needed to get into so I immediately grabbed my camera and headed outside...


I tried very hard to convince my coworkers to let me bring him in and domesticate him... I mean who doesn't want a pet baby raccoon to destroy your workplace?!  DUH!  Needless to say, they all said no and we watched as they were carefully relocated to a new tree.  SO CUTE!

*I am clearly joking about bringing the raccoon in... they are jerks so don't do it*

Empties Update...

Simple Sensitive Skin Experts Cleansing Facial Wipes

Pros:
Availability - Can be found at Walmart and most drugstores
Moisture Level - I find that these hold up throughout the whole package and never leave me needing a second
Cost - For a name brand wipe, these are pretty comparable to all the other brands available

Cons:
Cost - While comparable to most other name brand wipes, $9.99 Cdn for 25-wipes is still fairly expensive,  Technically, you need more than one package a month
Not Cruelty Free - Even though the name indicates 'simple', the brand does currently test on animals

Overall:
These wipes have been my go-to makeup removing wipe for years... YEARS and I am deeply saddened to learn that they test on animals and that the Simple brand is not cruelty free.  For that reason, and that reason alone, I will no longer purchase these once I finish the hoard I have as back stock... we are talking many MANY packages so it will be a while.

Looks like the Clarisonic (not a cruelty free brand but I already own it so...) and some regular facial cleanser will be my way to go for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment