Pages

Monday, June 6, 2016

Empties... Did I Actually Finish It?

It's been four years since I started my YouTube journey and as part of my monthly routine, I would film a video showing all of the things I used up.  Whether it's makeup, nail polish, bath products or candles, I didn't throw a single thing out without sharing it with the world.

Now that my YouTube journey has come to a close, I am not sure what to do with things I finish... sounds weird, right?

I had a giant basket of 'trash' sitting in my makeup room, awaiting a video that was never going to happen, and this weekend, I tossed it all.  It felt like the strangest thing I have done in a really long time.  It's sort of like when a tree falls in the woods... if no one is around, does it make a sound?  If I use up a product and don't show the world, did I actually finish it?

To be honest, I am not 100% sure how to tackle this moving forward because reviewing the crap that I used up was one of my favourite videos to film.  Seeing the basket fill up made me feel better about the things that were coming into the house because at least it seemed like I was using things up... right?  What people don't tell you about empties is that the vast majority of the things are bath and body products... maybe candles and then the odd makeup or nail polish goodie tossed in for good measure.  To finish a makeup product takes some serious dedication and with the abundance of makeup in my collection, unless it's mascara or chap stick, it just doesn't happen... like ever.  As for polish, you get to see top coat, base coat and cuticle oil.  Fun, right?!

Today I finished a conditioner that's been doing time in my bathroom and I am going to share my thoughts here because, well, it just feels right!

Picture Source

Marc Anthony Oil of Morocco Argan Oil Sulfate Free Conditioner (mouthful much?!)

Pros:
Drugstore Price (approx $11 Cdn for 8.4 fl oz)
Smells great
Washes out clean
Cruelty Free

Cons:
Hair is still tangled (at least my longer hair)
Need a lot to condition hair, so go through it faster

Overall:
I would definitely check out more items in the Marc Anthony line now that I have chopped my hair because the cons aren't as important to me.  I like that they are cruelty free and available at my local drugstore because most of the CF items I have been looking at are only available at stores in the US or online which means added cost for shipping... BOOOO!

Okay, that's all... I can now throw this baby out without the guilty feeling!  LOL

*Update: I will be adding a little 'Empties Update' to the end of each post, if I've finished anything and that will keep you in the loop and make me feel less guilty about just trashing the item*



No comments:

Post a Comment