Pages

Monday, July 4, 2016

Diet Challenge | Week Two Results

Another week has come and gone and the results are in... I am happy to say that I am down another 3.5 lbs for a two-week total of 11 lbs lost!  WAHOO!   I wasn't expecting such a big loss this week because of how much I lost last week but I will not complain.  It has now been two weeks since I have eaten out (other than a trip to Subway which I only had a 6" sub) or had any pop... which was a slight addiction that snuck up on me.


WINS for the week:
  1. Planning - Still making a menu for family dinners and ensuring that I have all of my fruit and veggies for the week prepped and ready for easy to grab lunches.  Honestly, this takes about 30 - 45 mins on the weekends and saves so much time in the morning... also makes it easy to have healthy options for lunch.
  2. Steps - I participated in a 'Workweek Hustle' this week and there were 8 of us working to have the most steps from Monday - Friday and I came 4th.   I hoped to win but the leader killed it and was a ton of steps ahead of me.  However, I was so motivated to put in a good showing that I did over 10,000 steps a day (my goal was 8,500).
CHALLENGES for the week:
  1. Period - Oh the joys of being a woman... not only do we lose weight slower than men but we get that one week a month of bloating, water retention and cravings.  
  2. Canada Day BBQ - Yep, week two and we hit a long weekend which means a family BBQ and no option of planning my meal.  However, I knew ahead of time what the menu was so was able to plan for some additional calories and do some extra steps during the day to compensate. 
All-in-all, a great week.  I felt like I kicked butt on my goals and am still feeling very VERY motivated.  Being over 1/5 of the way to my '50 by Christmas' goal is so thrilling... yes, I know that the losses will slow but for now, I am taking it as I can get it!!

2 comments:

  1. seeing results is so motivating! getting over that initial hump is the hardest and the rest is smooth sailing! you can do it!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I 100% agree... now that I am through the worst of it, I am soooo motivated to keep going!

      Delete