Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Spotlight | Kristin Gehm

Have you ever had one of those people come into your life that makes you feel like a better person for just having known them?   One of my best friends, who I met through YouTube, is Kristin Gehm and she has inspired me to be the best person I can be and for that, I am truly grateful to her, each and every day.

Picture Source
Kristin has two channels, one devoted to makeup and all things beauty and the other is a vlog channel, where she takes viewers around with her as she lives her life.  While I absolutely love her makeup channel and watch each video she posts, her vlog channel is where I feel most connected.

As I look at my current journey, weight loss and becoming more healthy, I have found that going back and re-watching Kristin's videos has inspired me to plan ahead.  For my entire life I have been a procrastinator... I hate not having plans in place but I also do everything at the last possible minute.  With dieting, I think one of the most important aspects is planning.  Want to be successful?  Be ready!

Kristin has a fantastic routine of planning her meals for the week as well as prepping her snacks for work lunches.  Taking these two simple tasks and incorporating them into my routine has been a major turning point for me in this whole lifestyle change.  Do I like taking time out of my day on Sunday to do this?  No.  However, I know that I don't do mornings and refuse to get up earlier than I have to so the Sunday prep is 100% necessary if I want to succeed.

While I don't think Kristin intended to inspire anyone with these simple steps, I hope that she knows that by watching her videos, people do indeed become a better version of themselves.

THANK YOU so much, Kristin... I appreciate your friendship and your willingness to open your home up to the masses and show us how you do you!  Both you and Bob are blessings to all of us who watch you!



2 comments:

  1. we are so much alike - especially when it comes to procrastination! i love Kristin! she is such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why do today what you can put off until tomorrow ;)

      Delete