Pages

Friday, July 15, 2016

The Next 28 Days | Fit Girl's Guide

WOW, am I actually sitting here, typing out this post, and able to say that I have almost made it to the 28-day mark of my Diet Challenge? I can't believe how far I have come in such a short period of time.  Not only am I happy but I am getting healthy and feeling more fit!

So, what does the next 28-days look like?  Well, I have decided to step up the game just a little and join the Fit Girl's #28daychallenge (look up the hashtag on Instagram and you will see all sorts of amazing inspirational pictures).
I purchased the Fit Girl's Guide & The Jumpstart Journal to not only teach me how to become more fit but to also help me along the way... both with diet and fitness.  The book was great and I was able to power through it in an evening and the Jumpstart Journal is so much fun... I even grabbed the pencil crayons and coloured the cover page!

After reading the book, I printed out the exercise/fitness portion and am ready to start using that on Monday but I am still a little stuck on the menu/food planning portion.  While I would love to go into this full tilt, I found that a lot of the foods they suggest are just not to my liking (like avocado, sweet potato & mushrooms).  I am willing to give most things a whirl but I know that these things are not up my alley of likes so will need to tweek the recipes to get them to work for me.  If I can get these worked out by Monday, then I will definitely give the diet a whirl too.  However, I am feeling really good about my food choices thus far that I really don't think it is THAT big a deal if I follow my own diet plan (counting calories using the Fitbit App) and incorporate the new fitness aspect.  We shall see how that works out and if needed, perhaps I can add the full diet in for the THIRD 28-day cycle!

So, this weekends plans are to get some 'before' pictures taken (okay, not officially before but close enough) and to take my measurements.  I won't post any of that right away but at the end of this 28-day cycle, I will post a comparison photo to see what kind of change took place!

Here goes... as I have said, my motivation is just as strong now as it was when I started.  Being past that 21-day hump really gives me hope that there are many brighter days ahead!

2 comments:

  1. i bet there's a blog post out there that can give you substitutes for avocado, sweet potato, and mushrooms, but i think you should try them at least once, if you're not allergic to them. i always liked avocado (especially as guacamole) and i love mushrooms, but as for sweet potato, it was something new to me because i didn't grow up eating them... but when i had them as fries, while they're not stiff and crispy like regular fries, i knew i was eating better carbs. but stick with what works for you! you shouldn't have to turn everything upside down to throw yourself off your routine. if you find a recipe that you love, please share it on your blog! congrats on getting over the 21-day hump! it'll only get better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sister... I may have to give Avocado a try at some point... can't write it off until you try it, right? As for the other two... no bueno! HAHAHA

    ReplyDelete