Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Summer No Buy | Two-Month Update

Happy August... Not going to say it, you all know what I am thinking.  Yes, I am starting to crave the fall because I am more than over the super hot temperatures and the humidity.  Seriously OVER IT!  If we could have fall-like weather all the time, I would be the happiest camper on the planet.

On to the Summer No-Buy update... month two.  It's a pretty boring one because I didn't purchase a single thing.  Not a nail polish, not a makeup item, not even any body care stuff.  I know, BORING, right?  Well, it may seem boring to everyone else but to me, it is a major victory and I am blown away by how easy it has been to retrain my focus onto bigger and better things.

Even more than NOT buying anything in July, I actually started another purge of my nail polishes and while there aren't very many that I was willing to part with this time (in comparison to the previous destash), I still got rid of close to 40 more bottles.  FORTY!  My new collection stands at 271.  There are definitely more that I can get rid of but I need to get past the mental block that is making me keep them.  It's been close to 3 or 4 weeks since I have even worn nail polish on anything other than my toes and that's only changed every 3ish weeks.  So really, 271 bottles seems like slight overkill!  However, Rome wasn't built in a day so I will continue to check back in with my collection and make changes as needed.

So, there is one month remaining until the end of the Summer No-Buy so let's see if I have a more exciting update for you come September!

1 comment:

  1. woohoo for another no buy month! i bought one eyeshadow palette from bareMinerals (on QVC) in April but that's the only makeup item i bought since March! and no BBW stuff either except for a few wallflowers and a couple of plugs to replace the ones that died... nail polish is still my weakness, but i've also cut back on buying, too... overall, it's still a major win compared to the last few years! i cannot believe you only have 271 polishes... i can't remember how much you started out with you when you made your first video but i think it was pretty close to the same number! you should watch it back and see! it would be pretty funny! LOL xoxo

    ReplyDelete