Pages

Monday, August 22, 2016

Lifestyle Challenge | Week Nine Update

Every time I title one of these update posts, I am amazed by the time that has passed since I started this challenge... it's been NINE weeks!  Insane!

For today's update, I am happy to announce that I am down another 2.5lbs for a new total of 25lbs... TWENTY FIVE.  That's only 1.5lbs away from my first goal of 10% body weight lost.


Each week that I step on the scale, I am so thrilled to see a change but something else has become clear to me... I am so much happier.  When I started blogging, I was on a 'quest' to become a healthier, happier version of myself and I can actually say that I am there... while still working on the healthy aspect, I am doing things that make me happy... smiling more, spending quality time with my family and just enjoying life.  Old habits that felt like a weight on my shoulders, like YouTube, are now something I do for entertainment.  I only watch videos when I am walking or working out and even then, I sometimes forget to see what's new.  WOW... such an awesome change in such a short period of time!

WINS for the week:

  1. Water Intake - I don't know if I touched on this before but I guzzle my water like it's my job BUT, I decided to focus on increasing it to 120oz a day and did that everyday last week.  Not only do I think that's helping me eat less (thirsty not hungry) but my skin is so much smoother. However, I don't think that the nightly pee-breaks are as fun... hahaha!
  2. Walking - While the gym was lacking this week, I was able to spend some great quality time with Steven going on almost nightly walks to catch Pokemon... sure, it's a silly game but we have a great time catching them and hatching eggs.  Family time plus activity is a bonus in my books!!
CHALLENGES for the week:
  1. Hunger - I had a couple of days this week where I couldn't stop the feeling of needing to EAT ALL THE THINGS!  I didn't cave and now that I think about it, it was likely period cravings but it was sure a challenge to push through.  
  2. Gym - Not sure what was up but I wasn't into heading to the gym at all this week.  I did go twice so that's still a win but my plan of 2 days on, 1 day off sure didn't happen.  While my steps each day are totally fine, I feel like I should be doing a little more.  Here's hoping that I can get back on the gym bandwagon this week!
Last up... I have to share my new nails!  I did another declutter (post to come) and actually went and got acrylic nails on Saturday.  Yep... I have travelled over to the dark side and am in love!  HAHAHA... who knew?!?!


Eek... now to Pinterest to find my next nail design!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lindsay!! I've been searching for you all over the interwebs! I miss your nail vids so much!! I hope that you and your family are doing well! Take care!

    ReplyDelete