Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2016

Recipe | Apple Cinnamon Oats

With September upon us, I am already moving into full blown fall mode and craving all things cinnamon and spice.  Have you ever walking into a Michaels Craft Store?  That's the smell I love... ah, bliss!!

To satisfy that craving, I decided to make a recipe that I saw on my friend Jen's Instagram and WOW, not only did it taste delicious but the whole house smelled like fresh baked apple pie.  HEAVEN!


Ingredients:

3 apples, assorted variety
1.5 cups of Almond Milk
1 cup steel cut oats
2 Tbsp brown sugar (I used Splenda brown sugar)
1 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp Butter (I used margarine)
Pinch of salt

Directions:

  1. Completely coat crockpot with cooking spray
  2. Chop apples into small pieces, I did about 1-2 cm squares
  3. Add all ingredients into the crockpot
  4. Mix ingredients together
  5. Cook on low for 5-7 hours (I did 3 because I like the apples a little more crunchy)
Makes 4 larger servings for 310 calories each.


This is the perfect dish to have as either a breakfast or a dessert... just dress it up.  I took half a serving and mixed it in with vanilla greek yogurt (2%) and topped it with cinnamon for breakfast and it was delicious! (only 250 calories)

Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment