Pages

Monday, August 1, 2016

Diet Challenge | Week Six Update

I can't believe that it's already August... it blows my mine that we are in the last unofficial month of the summer.  Maybe it's just me but when August starts, I move into fall mode... I want it to be cooler, I want to burn candles and I want pumpkin everything!  Not sure how I will handle the need for all things pumpkin this year but we will worry about that in September!  LOL

Today was weigh-in day and I am, once again, thrilled to have had another scale victory and lost 1-lb for a new weight loss total of 18.5 lbs in just 6 short weeks!  WAHOOOO!  I am getting close to losing 10% of my body weight now and my goal for that is by IMATS on October 1st.  I don't like hard set goal dates but I think this one should be achievable!


Before I get into the WINS and CHALLENGES of the week, let's talk about the Baseball Tournament that we had this past weekend in London!  Our Clarington Colts did amazingly well and won 2 of 3 games.  We didn't make it to the final round but we had fun and it was a great weekend away.  The boys (and girl) had so much fun both on and off the field and as a parent of a 'socially quiet' child, watching him flourish in the environment was so awesome!  The whole weekend made me want to go to more and more road tournaments!!

WINS for the week:

  1. HIT THE GYM!!  Yes, that deserves all capitals!  The hotel that we were staying in this past weekend had a little gym (2 treadmills, 1 bike and some weights) but I made it my duty to hit it up on both Friday and Saturday to get as much of a workout in as I could before hitting the fields.  It felt AWESOME!!  So much so that I am going to be heading to the community centre this week and joining the local gym!  WAHOOOO!!!  TOTAL WIN!
  2. Staying on plan - Yep, being away for the weekend was so challenging when it came to eating. We brought lots of snacks and breakfast foods but nothing that was perishable because we didn't want to overdo it.  Thankfully my parents came up on Saturday and brought a nice healthy lunch of chicken salad sandwiches with lots of fruit and veggies... couldn't be more happy with that!  We also did a lot of restaurant research and found dishes that I could eat that would fit into my calories allotment and would be filling... check out my Instagram for my choices!
CHALLENGES for the week:
  1. Out of town - I already touched on this but the biggest challenge of the week was being out of town for three days.  Not knowing the area we were staying made it hard to pre-plan but we made it work and it was a successful weekend.
  2. Water intake - Again, this stems back to the travel but I found that I was a lot slower on my water intake than I normally am.  The ice in the hotel ice machine made the ice taste funny so I ended up not drinking the water I prepped for the field.  I tried to make it up once we would get back to the hotel but knowing the bathroom situation at the fields was less than stellar, I didn't want to overdo it either... UGH!  Such a catch-22.  
Overall, week six was great!  While the loss on the scale isn't huge, it's a loss and I know that after a weekend away, any loss is a sign of success.  WOOHOO!  I am dancing right now.  Now we get to see what August brings.  I have no goals or expectations because I find that takes away the disappointment and pressure... just going to do more of what I have been and keep my fingers crossed that my efforts don't disappoint!

1 comment:

  1. i'm catching up with your blog, sister! i tend to not read blogs unless i've been blogging and since Monday's my weekly update, i am popping my head in here! thank you so much for sharing what you've been eating on IG... it's definitely an inspiration to me to figure out what i can eat next because it's always a constant struggle! i always relate more with what my friends show what they're eating as opposed to those food/health accounts because i always feel like they cater to those who already have a healthy lifestyle... it's just my own perception, but you are my friend and i value your opinion! i do need to drink more water - yet another struggle! LOL xoxo

    ReplyDelete