Pages

Monday, August 29, 2016

Lifestyle Challenge | Week Ten Update

WHOA... we are into the double digits now... still in some disbelief that I am still going and not only that but still on plan!  I can honestly tell you that I haven't had a slip up yet.  I know that with the upcoming Halloween and Holiday seasons, that likely won't stay true for long BUT... as of 10 weeks in, I am still going strong.

Today was also an awesome day on the scales because I dropped another TWO pounds which put me over my 26.5lb goal for 10% of my body weight lost.  Yep, I am officially down 27lbs, effectively SMASHING the first goal outta the water.  WHOOP WHOOP!!!

In other news, my boys have been away since last Tuesday so I have been flying solo at home.  Now, in years past (this is an annual trip they take), that meant sitting on my duff and ordering all kinds of fast food, snacking of every kind of junk food and drinking all the pop.  This year, I wasn't even tempted to do those things.  It actually caught me a little off guard because I planned the menu for when they were gone and we grocery shopped as per normal and then the first night they were gone, I cooked and worked out.  Simple as that!  It wasn't until I was chilling out, watching the Jays game, that I suddenly realized what I had done... I had survived my first night alone without even thinking of cheating!  WHAT???!!  Who am I?

WINS for the week:

  1. Cooking - No, not a standard win because I cook most weeks BUT... with my boys out of town, I am more than impressed with myself and the fact that I cooked three times, with plenty of leftovers, so I didn't eat out once!  A new record for me when flying solo!  I didn't even have Subway...
  2. Walking - While I didn't get to the gym, no real excuse, I did a ton of extra walking.  I was in early to work each day so got a good 20-30 min walk in and then another at lunch.  After work, I took Joey, our Golden Retriever, for a 30 min walk so all in, I was getting over an hour of walking each day!
CHALLENGES for the week:
  1. Gym - For some reason I have been slacking on the gym lately.  While I am still getting my steps in every day and doing lots of walking, I don't want to go to the gym.  I think because the weather is nice and I am able to do it throughout the day, I don't feel the need... maybe as the weather changes (if it ever does), I will want to move indoors.  We shall see... in my mind, as long as I am getting it in, it really doesn't matter where.
I'm shocked that there was only one main challenge this week, because the boys were away, but I am struggling to think of anything else.  Thankfully we will be a full family unit again tomorrow night so things can get back to normal... until school starts next week.  UGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment