Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Bye-Bye to Plus Size

It's been a glorious thing... I finally got out of plus size tops.  I think I am technically in plus-size pants (size 16ish) but as for the upper half, I am now firmly into an XL.  As you all know, or at least you would if you have read all my posts, I am in the middle of a full-declutter.  My closet has been over-run with tops/sweaters/sweatshirts of all different sizes and it was finally time to go through, try everything on, and declutter anything that I either didn't like OR that was too big.

This all started with the change in the weather... this past weekend was actually 'chilly'.  I quickly realized that I needed to figure out the 'bottom' half of me because I have been living in yoga capri's for the last month or so.  Thankfully, I kept all the jeans that I wore on the way up to the size I started this journey at (20/22).  The only size I didn't have in my collection was an 18.. which would be the size I expect to need... however...


These babies are a size 16!!!

Fine, they are a little tight and I have a slight muffin top when I wear them BUT, they do up and really, that is all that matters.  I figure another 5-10lbs and these will fit perfectly!!

On to the tops...



WHAT?!  I have very few things left in my closet now but that's okay... I am going to wait until my size levels off... likely will be a large... and then I will start to replenish my wardrobe.  Thankfully, a lot of the items that still fit are more fall/winter anyways so that totally works!

So excited to actually be out of the plus-sized tops.  It was one of my goals and one that I am most happy about achieving because it means that I can now shop at all the stores and buy the 'normal' looking clothes.  Have you ever tried to buy clothed from the plus-size section?!  UGH!

2 comments:

  1. Good for you Lindsay!! You rock!! I am so proud of you!! I took a dance class for the first time a few years ago and going up the steps for the first time left me winded. I was so out of shape. I lost a lot of weight from dancing (ballet, modern, hip hop) and now I feel terrible if I don't dance at least once a week! You go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woman with fashion statement with plus sizes are very common to find.Plus size tops can add extra elegance to women's beauty.

    ReplyDelete