Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Luna Bar | Recent Reviews

In my never ending quest to find the perfect protein bar, I happened to stumble across the Luna Bars, made by Clif, and YOU GUYS, not only are they so tasty, but they are cheap!!  The Luna Bars are made specifically with women in mind so there are more nutrients geared towards females but I am sure that men would totally enjoy them as well.  The price of these bars ranged from $1.25 to $1.79, depending on where you buy them... I like to look for the sales and snag as many as I can.  Sadly, here in Canada, we can only buy three of the flavours (at least that is all I have found) and the funny thing is, every bar is stamped with a 'Made in Canada' so WHAT THE HECK?  Made in Canada but I have to get a friend to send me them?  NOT FAIR LUNA BAR... NOT FAIR!


Thankfully, I have an amazing bestie, Kathleen, who was gracious enough to go shopping and snag me a whole bunch of flavours to try before I head to Amazon to grab an entire box.  I thought it might be fun to give you my thoughts on each bar as I eat them.. so this is the past week's thoughts.


First up, Chocolate Dipped Coconut.  You guys... this is basically a dieting gal's version of a Bounty Bar (or Mounds in the US, maybe??) and I absolutely LOOOOVE coconut and chocolate so this one is a major fave.  Will definitely be ordering this one in the future. (190 calories) 


Next up, Chocolate Cupcake.  I had high expectations for this one and sadly, it fell a little flat.  Sure, the chocolatey part was there but it was missing that 'cupcake' aspect.  Maybe it was the texture... cupcakes are usually moist and soft, whereas this was dense and hard so that may have been a little off-putting.  Either way, it was tasty but not a go-to. (190 calories)


Next up, Chocolate Peppermint Stick.  YUM!  If you like the Peppermint Mocha from Starbucks, this one is right up your alley.  Okay, no coffee flavour but the peppermint is nice and subtle and not too strong to make your mouth burn.  I really liked this one and can definitely see myself picking this one up again in the winter months. (190 calories)


Last up for this week, Blueberry Bliss.  WOW... I am shocked by how much this one blew my socks off.  There is not a lick of chocolate in it but I absolutely, 100% love this one.  So much so that I would say it's my favourite one thus far.  The blueberry taste was on point, there was a sweet drizzle of something delicious on top, oats and granola... HEAVEN.  A definite, DEFINITE must buy!! (190 calories)

I have tried all of the flavours that are available here in Canada (Lemon, Chocolate Walnut Brownie & S'Mores) and will review those once I pick them up again.  Hope these help if you are on the search for a new protein bar/snack!

3 comments:

  1. I've really missed your videos. I came across your new instagram today and that lead me here. You are amazing! I just recently (last week) started my weight loss journey and reading all your blogs has inspired me so much. I can't wait to keep following your journey! I've been struggling with healthy food choices.... this is not easy. I look forward to your next post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mindy... glad you found me over here. Yes, changes to old habits are very hard but if you work through the cravings, they become second nature. You got this!!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete