Pages

Thursday, September 8, 2016

Step Bet | Step Thru September

You guys... I joined a StepBet challenge!


Okay, now you are all probably asking yourselves, "what is a stepbet?" and looking at your screen with those crinkles across your forehead.

Well, because they are better at words than I am, here is how the app describes StepBet:
StepBet is a fitness game that motivates you to be more active.  In each StepBet game, players pay an initial "bet" and commit to meeting certain step goals during every week of the challenge.  If you meet your goals each week, you split the pot with the other winners. 
The cost (or 'bet') is $40USD per challenge and each of the challenges lasts 6 weeks (5 weeks of elimination and 1 week of warm-up).

When I signed up, the app linked with my FitBit and gave me a predetermined number of steps that I needed to reach based on my step history.  Four days a week, I need to walk 13,151 steps which is only a little over my normal average amount now and two days a week, I need to walk 16,840 steps.  Other than having one free day a week, if you miss your steps, you get eliminated from the challenge.

I am so excited to see how many steps I can do every day and while I know that those two days a week are going to be tough, I plan to knock them out first so I don't find myself walking my ass off at the end of each week.  Keep you fingers crossed and send me all your steppin' vibes!  I will post how my week went in my weekly updates.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lindsay!! First of all, congratulations!! I've been catching up on your blog posts and I'm so happy for you that you've been doing so great! I've missed your videos on youtube but I understand how happiness and overall well being are so important, as they should be. Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that you have been an inspiration to me, I've been struggling with my weight and after randomly weighing in last weekend and realizing that I'm super close to being at the same weight when I was pregnant and about to give birth, I've come to the realization that this is unacceptable. My birthday is this weekend and I don't want to spend another year feeling like this. Do you have any more advice as to how you started and how you stay motivated? And how did you get your husband on board? I know my whole family needs a lifestyle change but it's hard to get my husband on board. Any help would be greatly appreciated! And congratulations again! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thank you so much for your wonderful comment. I would love to help you get started again but you have to be 100% ready with yourself... that was something I learned after stopping and starting 100+ times. Something clicked this time, I wish I knew what it was... maybe the fact that my friend said "if we lose 2lbs a week, we would be down 50lbs by Christmas". Thankfully, my husband is super supportive and eats whatever I make so, while we are home, it is easy to stay to the healthy side of things. He is also the grocery shopper and has been amazing at not bringing anything into the house that would derail my progress. I think what you have to do is DO IT FOR YOU! Make healthy choices, drink lots of water and move as much as you can. I walk on the spot a lot when I can't leave the house. Feel free to email me at lindsay@sparklytips.com if you want to chat or if you need any more advice/support!!

      Delete