Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Recipe | Goulash

This past weekend was Thanksgiving but I don't do the cooking for that (WAHOO) but it was also the first weekend of fall that we had cold weather.  There was actually a frost warning on Sunday and Monday night... YAY!  When it's cold out, I get in the mood for all sorts of 'homey' meals... casseroles, chili, and anything hearty.  Gone are the days of BBQ and in are the days of crock pots.

Today I have a recipe for Goulash and I have been making it forever... mainly because it is so easy but also because it was something that my mom made when I was a kid and I have always loved.

One serving with garlic bread

Ingredients:
1-lb of Extra Lean Ground Beef (you can use Ground Turkey)
2 cans of Condensed Tomato Soup (I use Campbell's and each can is 284ml)
2 cups of cooked Macaroni Noodles
1 cup of Frozen Peas
1/4 chopped Red Onion
Garlic Salt*
Chili Powder*
Red Pepper Flakes*

Directions:

  1. Fill pop with water and set to boil, add splash of oil and salt, add noodles once boiling
  2. On high heat, brown Ground Beef and Onion in a deep skillet (*use spices to make the meat more tasty)
  3. Once meat is browned, add in the 2 cans of Tomato Soup and the 1 cup of Frozen Peas and turn down to simmer.
  4. When Macaroni Noodles have reached your desired level of tenderness, drain and add in 2 cooked cups to the mixture.
  5. Stir and continue to simmer for another 10-15 minutes
This makes 4 servings and each one is 417 calories.  I like to serve it up with some toasted garlic bread... makes for a great meal for a cold night and also freezes nicely for meals on the run!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment