Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Another Year Older...

Welp... the day has come and gone and I am now officially another year older.  Doesn't really feel any different and I spent most of last year not really knowing if I was 37 or 38 so it wasn't a huge shock to the system turning the big 3-8.

It was the Victoria Day long weekend here in Canada so I was able to chill out and relax for an extra day... and that is exactly what I did.  I finished my book, I had been reading the infamous "The Girl on the Train" by Paula Hawkins and... nope... wasn't what I was hoping!  Not really that gripping, edge of your seat thriller that I was anticipating but isn't that always the way?  You read and hear the hype of a book/movie for so long that by the time you get to actually reading it, it doesn't quite measure up?  Other than that, we had a family dinner for my birthday... mmmmm, steak,  spent hours on the ball field and, yes, I even painted my nails... many MANY times.



Let's talk nails for a second... you will recall from my last post (and only post) that I am falling off the YouTube bandwagon.  I actually started spreading the word to some of my YouTube friends, those that I have made connections with outside of the comments section and those that are now legitimate friends and while most think I should just take a break for the summer and then come back strong, they all understand the need to back away.  YouTube can be a hard place and having that in common, we can all see the struggle of constantly staying on top of the trends and the need to be current.  I still haven't uploaded a video but do have one that needs to be filmed to fulfill a commitment made prior to my decision to leave... hence the swatching this weekend... ugh!  If anything, sitting at my kitchen table in 20 degree gorgeous weather just solidified my desire to NOT do that anymore!!



I actually feel so much more free just admitting that... knowing that the decision I have made is the right one for me.

Now, what's coming next... we shall be talking about my journey towards a cruelty free nail polish collection... YIKES!



No comments:

Post a Comment