Pages

Monday, November 21, 2016

Lifestyle Challenge | Week 21 & 22 Update & SUCCESS!!

You guys... YOU GUYS... I DID IT!  I actually lost 50lbs by Christmas.  I know, I have been absent from the blog but I promise it isn't from lack of activity or because I have fallen off the wagon.  I have been working my little(ish) tail off and staying on plan and this past weekend, I was rewarded with that elusive FIFTY POUNDs lost mark.  OH MY GOODNESS... I was so shocked to see it that I stepped on the scale 3 times to make sure and then sat on the bed for a few minutes to let it sink in... I DID IT!


One of the questions that I get asked the most is How Did I Lose the Weight? 

To be honest, there is no special secret behind it.  I was challenged by one of my friends, Tracy, back in June, to lose 50lbs by Christmas... two pounds a week and we could easily get it done.  For some reason, that lit the fire and I strapped on my Fitbit (was a Charge HR then, now a Blaze) and started walking and watching what I was eating.  I also upped my water intake and tracked my calories.  It's been that basic formula the entire time... calories in vs. calories out.  I try to have a calorie deficit of 1000 per day which SHOULD equal the 2lbs a week... sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't but that's what I try for each day.  Clearly it's working and I will be staying with this plan until my body decides it's at it's natural weight... until it doesn't want to lose anymore and I am officially balanced and healthy!

WINS and CHALLENGES for the week:

I am actually going to stop posting this section as it's been 6-months (almost to the day) of this lifestyle journey and I don't necessarily have WINS or CHALLENGES anymore... just everyday living and that comes with both but unless it's something special to note, like Halloween, Christmas or some vacation, I don't think it's necessary to put them down on paper anymore.

HAPPY NOTE for the week:

It's SNOWED today... anyone who knows me knows that I love winter and snow and Christmas and ALL THINGS that relate to that!  YAY!  


While we are at it... can I just say that Tim Horton's has stepped up their holiday game as well...


WOOHOO!  Let's bring it on!

2 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!Lindsay, that's awesome and I'm so proud of you. Losing weight is one of the HARDEST things anyone can do. Whoo Hoo! You go girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Lindsay!! You inspire to start on this journey myself!! :)

    ReplyDelete